|

Monday, July 14, 2003

HomePage Reflections


I love being a stay at home mom–being available for my husband and children as they need me during the course of the week–having the flexibility to take on temporary challenges. But as I face the fact that I’m middle aged, my children are teenagers, and my self-employed husband has a steady job, but not always steady income (cash flow isn’t always the greatest), I wonder about finding a “real job.”

I did go to college and even graduate school. I planned to have a career in journalism or some kind of publishing environment. And I’ve been fortunate to be able to write and do desktop publishing from home, sometimes even for pay. I’ve been able to help my husband and his brother during tax season with their businesses. But is there more I should be doing?

Maybe even if I had a full time job in my field I would still be wondering if I’m doing the right thing. If I seek the Lord daily, serve him and my family and those around me, that should be more than enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com