|

Saturday, April 17, 2004

Wrestling with a chicken bone

It's a beautiful Saturday morning, but I've already faced some challenges. Raven found a chicken bone on our walk, and he would not give it up. I stood, stroking his head, and holding onto the bone. He kept a tight grip, but didn't growl or chomp. Finally a small growl escaped from his throat, and he opened his mouth enough for me to grab the bone and receive a little nip--nothing major, it didn't even break the skin.

I will have to remember to bring treats on our walks to bribe him away from this icky stuff. I threw the bone and then we ran away. It took some doing, and a little pain, but it was worth saving him from bone splinters in his throat.

Now, if only it were this easy to deal with teenagers....

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com