|

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sleep patterns





This weekend was weird as far as sleep patterns go. I guess I can't handle caffeine after 6 pm in the evening. I had two Diet Cokes Friday night, and when I woke up at 2 am Saturday morning, I was unable to get back to sleep. Tim and I had started to watch Ghandi Friday night (on our free movie selection at home), but were too tired (at least Tim was) to finish it (it is a three hour+ movie after all). When I got up in the middle of the night I suppose I should have done something constructive like cleaning or laundry or even reading, but instead I came to my computer to check Facebook postings. Ay ay ay.

Part of the reason I was unable to sleep was due to my neuropathy. My feet felt like they were on fire. Finally, about 5 am, I took some Tylenol PM. Still, I couldn't sleep. 

Tim asked if I'd like to finish watching Ghandi that morning, so I said yes. It was very good, but I was very tired, and being lulled to sleep by the music and beautiful scenery (except when there was fighting). 

Finally, I took a "nap" around noon and didn't wake up till 3 when Christina called my cell phone. So, I got up. I made chili for dinner and we watched "Love and Death" (Woody Allen comedy) to counter the serious Ghandi movie. It was typical Woody Allen silly, but still funny. Went to bed around 10:30 and was able to sleep all night, thankfully, because I set my alarm for 5 am to put cinnamon roll mix (my sister's recipe) in the bread maker. Luckily I fell back asleep while the bread maker did its thing. I would have started it the night before and set it on a timer, but the recipe called for a cup of milk and an egg, and I didn't want that sitting in the bread maker all night.

Anyway, between walking Raven, showering and getting ready for our first breakfast with our Life Group at church, I got the rolls ready to go. My glaze was a bit lumpy and separated (is the powdered sugar too old?) but it didn't seem to matter as I put it on the hot buns. No one complained at breakfast either, so I guess it was all right. We had a lovely time meeting some wonderful new friends, most of whom are half our age. Nothing like being the old fogies. 

Tonight we're going to church, and we'll probably go out to Chipolte's afterwards, where I will drink too many Diet Coke's (with lime, this time a rhyme hahaha) and have a tough time falling asleep. All before my long day at work--from 9 am to 8 pm. 

At least I won't have to be at work till almost mid-morning. It's nice to be driving in after the sun comes up. The days are getting longer--summer here we come! 



More light--does that mean less sleep too?

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com