|

Monday, July 21, 2003

Church planting

I never thought I'd be part of a church plant, since the church we attended was one my husband and his dad before him grew up in. We were married there, our kids baptized there--we were sure we'd be buried there too. (well, not literally!) But after months (actually years) of struggle, a vote was taken to close the church that had been steadily declining. We found a wonderful new church, but it's a bit of a drive and our teenagers haven't really found their niche there.

So, our church has hired a church planter--to locate back around our neighborhood. He and his wife seem really terrific and they have 2 girls, 14 and 9. So, after a year of taking time off of church responsibilities, I ask myself, am I ready to tackle something so innovative and scary?

Time will tell--we'll keep on our knees.

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com