|

Thursday, June 17, 2004

A man and his radio and the stalking cat and Raven

It was another beautiful morning for a walk. I saw a sign for a missing dog--another German Shepherd, like Raven, named Tonka. I hope he is returned to his owners soon. As we rounded the walkway of the local park, I noticed a man shooting some hoops. He appeared to be alone, but he had his radio blasting through the open door of his car, parked just a few feet away. It wasn't rap music or any kind of music, but a presentation by a man--telling the story of Paul as he was lowered from the gate in a basket, then running for his life. In the book of Acts in the Bible, Paul turned from being a Christian hunter into a lover of Christ and thereby hunted by persecutors of the new faith--as he had most recently been a persecutor.

Pondering this, Raven and I left the park to come up to the house where Mark's health teacher lives. He is the owner of a curious cat, whom Raven and I met for the first time today. The cat was exploring in the yard and near the street as we passed. Normally, a cat, rabbit or squirrel (and some dogs) will high tail it and run when they see Raven, especially if he barks and tries to pursue them. Not this cat. His name is Sam, cause I heard Mrs. Health Teacher call him back to the yard. At first I thought I might let them meet and sniff each other, but the curious cat suddenly arched his back and hissed, as Raven continued his barking rantings. Time to go into job mode, I realized, and headed off at a hurried pace, while Mrs. Health Teacher (she is married to the health teacher) continued to call Sam to come back. Sam followed us for awhile, but we managed to escape, and I believe Sam returned to his home and to the arms of Mr. and Mrs. Health Teacher.

Whew, that was a close one. Good thing there aren't too many ferocious cats in the neighborhood.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com