|

Saturday, June 06, 2009

Done with my course work!

Well, I have now completed my classes for my Post-Secondary Teaching Certificate--in the fall I will have an internship and "integrative seminar." I'm also teaching Introduction to Liberal Arts again in the fall, so hopefully I can handle all of it!

I was putting some finishing touches on the online class I was creating for the "Effective Teaching Online" class I just finished when I decided to take a break and walk the dog down the block. I wish I had just kept working instead! We passed by the house of a German shcpherd dog (I've walked by there dozens or more times with Raven), and the dog came running out--to say hello, I thought, but instead took a chunk out of Raven.

The owner was able to get her dog off and through her tears said, "Send me the bill . . ." We took Raven to the emergency vet and got him patched up.

This was Monday evening. The German shepherd dog owner put her dog down the next day :( and came over with a check to cover our expenses. She is really a lovely lady who lost her husband a while back and shares her home with her sister and another friend. They have three cats. She had rescued this dog from the humane society, where he was due to behavorial issues with animals, but she had worked with an animal behaviorist and not had any trouble till now.

Raven was in pretty touch shape the first couple of days, just laying around and not really interested in eating, drinking or going out. Gradually he's improving, and we went to the vet on Thursday. He had a bit of a temperature so we got more pain and antibiotic meds to take in addition to what he got at the emergency clinic. We also got some prescription canned food, which he loves! It's good to see him eating and drinking and going outside willingly. On Thursday I take him back to have his stitches removed. Hopefully the affected area will heal well, because they said if any of the tissue gets hard and decays, he'd have to have surgery again. :(

So, that's been my week! Hope to blog more now in the summer since the pace of things should slow down. I was approved to work permanently for 40 hours in the registrar's office this summer, so that is wonderful news--before I had 25 hours in one part-time permanent position and 15 in a temp position. Now things will dovetail perfectly.

Blessings to you for a happy, safe, healthy summer!

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com