|

Friday, April 03, 2009

It's been awhile . . .

Well, it's been awhile since I've posted. Tomorrow is the last session in my second class. I've had The Teaching Craft, and now I have Advanced Interpersonal Communication. I have to analyze a dialogue in a movie between two people, using the communication methods we've studied. (This is a 12-20 page paper.) I've chosen "The Namesake" and the dialogue between father and son when the father explains more thoroughly to his grown son why he was given the name "Gogol."

So, although class ends tomorrow, I have nine days to complete the assignment. Then, two weeks from tomorrow, my "Effective Teaching Online" class starts, and goes through the end of May. Busy, busy. But fun and fruitful.

This week my college advisor passed away, Dr. Christian Weintz. He was a wonderful, charming, classy, brilliant man. He had MS for over 50 years, but he lived with his disability with grace. He retired a couple years after I graduated (which was 1980), but continued to have a full life and lived to see many grandchildren and even a couple of great-grandchildren be born.

One thing I remember that Dr. Weintz told us to help us with our writing was to write every day. Back a few years ago, I did that with my blog. Will his memory now inspire me to do better? I hope so.

Tim and I enjoyed sitting with some old college classmates, reliving the days of our youth and times in Dr. Weintz's class. It was a wonderful experience.

Well, now I must study to go over my reading for tomorrow's class and make sure I know the scene time frame for my film clip. 

If I don't blog before then, have a wonderful Holy Week and a Happy Easter!

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com