|

Tuesday, July 22, 2003

You never know.....

Yesterday on my morning walk I came upon a house I pass regularly--which I now pass with some trepidation. Several months ago, our dog, Raven, decided to "water" the bush in the yard, and the lady of the house was quite put out with me. I listened politely to her 5 minute lecture, and when I apologized (for what, I thought silently), she said that "sorry" didn't change things. Oh well, I thought--I'll be more careful when I approach this yard, but I wasn't about to change my route either.

So, yesterday when I saw someone come down the same driveway, I took a deep breath and tightened my grip on Raven's leash. This time, a man came down the driveway, greeting me and Raven, exclaiming over Raven's loveliness (he's mostly German-shepherd, part something else--maybe Border Collie). He pet him, and I apologized for all the hair he was shedding, and he just said that dogs need to be shedding in the summer. Then he invited me to the block party they would be hosting in a couple of weeks--when I explained I lived on a different block, he said he'd have to give us a special invitation.

I guess you can't judge a household by one member.

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com