|

Monday, November 17, 2003

Medical stuff

I'm diabetic, and lately my blood sugars have been running abnormally high, sooooooo--I need to revisit my doctor and try to do a better job of taking care of myself. Food is the hardest part for me--I enjoy walking the dog every day, although we're not running any marathons in the morning. So, I guess I can pick up the pace there, too.

I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself these days, but then I think of other friends and family members. A good friend has a malignant lump in her breast--hopefully things have been caught early, and they are trusting God. Another good friend has a cyst on her ovary, and will need surgery.

My father-in-law was in the emergency room for 3 hours last night--having trouble breathing. He has a chronic cough, and now he has an inhaler. But last night it was getting more difficult--but urgent care places were closed, so my brother-in-law drove his parents to the hospital. (My mother-in-law had a stroke last spring, and although she's doing pretty well, she's still not driving.)

But while my in-laws were seeing the doctor, my mother-in-law noticed the doctor's name, and asked if his wife was Mary. Turns out Mary was Gladys's (my m.i.l.) best friend in high school. Small world!

Other silver linings--my pharmacist friend was telling me about new ways of taking care of blood sugar with insulin pumps, watches that measure blood sugar, etc. It might be fun to be a guinea pig if insulin is the route I will next take.

And my friends with medical problems are trusting God and are at peace with the possible outcomes of their surgeries/procedures etc.

This peace that passes understanding is what I seek at this stage in my life. And then look for silver linings along the path of pain.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com