|

Friday, November 07, 2003

Mitten time

The winds of November are blowin' early this year. Raven and I had a brisk walk and my hands enjoyed the new thinsulate mittens I bought yesterday. After my purchase, I went to the grocery store, where I still had on my old gloves, and proceeded to lose a glove somewhere in the store--my coat pockets are not very deep, and they are stuffed with plastic bags for my dog walks. I noticed my glove was gone when a man in the store pointed out that I had just dropped my second glove. I rummaged through my pockets for the first, and ransacked (well, not quite) the store for the missing glove, but could find it no where. I went to customer service, but it had not been turned in yet. "But it will be sweetie," said the woman behind the counter. This warmed my heart, not only because of her reassurance, but because she looked to be my age or younger and "sweetie" made me feel like a young lady. Or maybe she calls her grandma sweetie..........hmmmmmmmm.

This is the second time in two weeks that I have lost gloves in the grocery store. I went through the same mantra--and two days later I checked and found my missing glove at customer service, where it had not been when I checked the first day. But now, I have somehow misplaced these (hopefully in the house somewhere).

So, I hope to keep the mittens and gloves I purchased yesterday. Now that I have written about this I might remember more clearly (I am a visual learner--things I hear generally go in and out my brain, but if I see things in print or write them down, I can usually remember them.)

It's gonna be a long winter.

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com