|

Thursday, January 15, 2004

Lake phone

Last night Tim took Raven for a walk. They were gone for a while--maybe 20 minutes, and when Tim got back, he took off his coat and couldn't find his cell phone.

So, Tim and I went back out into the darkness of the night (about 9 pm). Armed with a flashlight and my cell phone, we retraced his steps, still fresh in the new fallen snow. We approached the wildnerness of our neighborhood, also known as Humphrey Park and Twin Lake. Now, I have two major phobias (probably many other minor ones)--walking on frozen lakes is one (the other is crossing bridges--especially those grated bridges that hum when you drive over them and that you can look down and see the water below through the bridge. Maybe a third would be sinking in swamps--but that's for another blog.) So, I bravely walked for awhile, but then had to retreat to a shoreline, from where I resolved I would run for help when Tim went down in the frigid water.

But Tim and my phone trudged on. He was spurred on by not only his and Raven's footprints, but the faint ringing of his cell phone as he pressed redial on my phone. Finally, as he was becoming a dim light in the middle of the ice, he called--"Suzi!" He had found the phone.

We somehow managed to get back to "Terra firma" and back home. I think Tim will think twice about where he puts his cell phone the next time he and Raven race under the stars on the frozen landscape of Twin Lake.

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com