|

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Blogging late

Well, it's almost noon and here I am blogging. I just couldn't pull myself out of bed at 5 am for the second day in a row, so I waited till 6, got the kids up and going, made Tim's lunch, and at 7 walked the dog--a pretty brisk wind today, temp 10 degrees F (above zero!)

I then went to my appointment with my new doctor, Dr. Stesin, an endocronologist. He was very nice, older than me but younger looking (I am getting tired of all these doctors who are younger than me.......), but his resident associate is probably half my age (depressing) but seemed nice and efficient. He was Asian, so he reminded me a little of Noh, our Thai boy from last year.....

I went to the hospital for lab work. The good thing about that is that you get your exercise, down to the lower level, through the tunnel, down the hall.......and also you get your parking pass validated. Yea! I didn't have to pay even the $2 discount fee I pay when I come for my diabetes education session with my nutritionist or diabetic nurse educator.

Dr. Stesin told me about an insulin pump, perhaps to consider for the future. He has about 500 patients currently loving the pump. He says in the future you can implant the pump and there will even be an implant available in your neck (I think that's what he said) for testing blood sugar with a remote device. The bionic diabetic! I like it. I just hope I can still use my cell phone (we have our priorities, after all.......)

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com