|

Friday, August 20, 2004

Raven is sick

Today I'm taking Raven to the vet. His eyes have looked droopy for a few days, and for the last day he has been licking his paws, especially in between his toes, constantly, and scratching like crazy. I think he has allergies and maybe the vet will prescribe Benedryl, like last year about this time. Last year, his coat was dry and flaky too, so at least that isn't the case this summer.

His stomach has been a little upset, too, so I will have that checked out as well.

Meanwhile, Luke has an eye appointment this morning--and we all need to get back to the dentist. Too bad none of these things are covered by insurance!!!

I'll give an update on Raven tomorrow. Meanwhile, Christina and I had a great time at the Mall of America with Mai yesterday. However, I grew tired much more quickly than the girls, and waited for them on a bench as they checked out several clothing stores.

Oh, I almost forgot the best part of the day yesterday!!! In the Mall, I rediscovered my favorite restaurant, which I haven't been able to find in years--The Magic Pan! There it was, heralded as a crepe place--in a fast food format. But the food was just as good as I remembered--I ordered a ham and cheese crepe, and had to include my favorite mandarin orange salad. It was so yummy, Tim and I will have to go there to revisit the tastes of our early married days. I asked the workers how long the restaurant had been there, and they said two years!!! They said there were plans to open one in the Chicago area, too.

After our visit to the vet, I just hope Raven's tummy will be as happy as mine was after the Magic Pan experience.

Till next time,

Suzi


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com