|

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Weird weather

I know I've written about Minnesota weather often in the past, but it is so variable and interesting that it bears repeating--or at least it so affects our daily lives that I feel the need to blog about it again. This weekend was warm and muggy. We were sweating and complaining, but because we didn't get the air conditioner on early enough in the day (it takes awhile for it to cool down the whole house), we waited for the promised advent of cooler temperatures and lower humidity.

Well, the weathermen were right (this time!). The windows were left open in our office, and the fireplace came on because it got so cool in there. Raven and I walked this morning, greeting people bundled up in jackets. Some of the trees are already starting to turn a bit, and our birch tree has dropped a few leaves. I don't think this is due to cooler weather, since they were turning when it was warmer, but just another reminder that fall is just around the corner.

My dad (who lives with my mom in Tennessee) always says that there are two seasons in Minnesota, winter and August. Well, there may be debate about August, at least today.

Till next time,


Suzi

(BTW, highs this week are predicted only in the 60s.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com