|

Friday, September 03, 2004

The collar is off, now the packing begins....

Raven's vet visit was more involved than I hoped it would be, but I wasn't surprised. At least they lifted his collar sentence. He is now free from his "neck brace," but it may be reinstated at any moment if his feet become infected again. Now he is on a prescription antihistimine, and I also gave him a special oatmeal shampoo bath followed by conditioner. And, because he has allergic conjuctivitis, I need to apply 1/4 inch of the eye ointment in his lower lids at 8 hour intervals (three times a day).

Already this past month we have paid about 3 times what it cost to get the silly dog. But he's worth it--every time I look into his eyes or see him sidle up to me (usually its to rub his itches against my leg) I know I would do all I can to make him comfortable and happy. He brings me and our family so much joy.

So, now I need to pack for our weekend camping trip. I panicked yesterday when Tim thought the campground didn't allow dogs (his mom had looked up the campground, but Tim had told her the wrong town, so it wasn't the same camping place). We are going with our small group from church, and expect to have a fun and restful time. That is, after I pack blankets, food, clothes, and a cabinet full of dog medication--not to mention all my own meds for diabetes--two kinds of insulin, needles, oral meds, vitamins...

I better get busy! See you on Monday--happy Labor day weekend!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com