|

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

I have a cold

I have a cold. Or allergies--or something. Maybe I have this so I can relate better to my boys, who are suffering from seasonal allergies right now, or my husband--who at the moment seems good, but for years he had to have shots to make his allergies manageable. Of course there's Raven, who's been itching and rubbing against things for a couple of weeks now. (Although he seems to be getting better with the help of his antihistimine.)

I guess living in the Mississippi River valley is one of the worst places to be as far as allergies go. It is beautiful here, and other years I haven't been affected this much. Yesterday I took some Alleve, and then, before bed, Benedryl. I though the Bendryl would help me sleep. But I couldn't fall asleep till after midnight. I was tired, drowsy, but my head felt heavy and I just couldn't manage to make it to lala land.

Now I'm drinking my Good Earth tea after my walk with Raven. I'm feeling better, but certainly not 100%. Maybe I should try my sister's remedy--hot tea with honey and vinegar. Hmmmmm--am I feeling that brave? Plus I can't remember the exact recipe. We'll see how it goes, but I think it will be a drug free day (except for my diabetes/blood pressure medicine).

Till next time,


Suzi

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheri said...

1/2 T. honey
1T. apple cider vinegar
4 oz. hot water

Sip slowly and enjoy! You will feel better soon.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com