|

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Mark has arrived in Moldova

This morning I needed to go into the office to learn some more things about accessing the website at work, and Tim was off working as well. So, when the phone call came with a crackling voice, it was our sleepy 15-year-old daughter who answered.

Christina (barely awake): Hello?
Mark in Moldova: Is Mom there?
Christina: No she's at work. Call her cell.
Crackle crackle
Breaking up, breaking up (the phone line that is)
Mark: us ell er I ere safe (Just tell her I'm here and safe)
Christina: What?
Mark: M afe okay (I'm safe everything is okay)
Static crackle
Christina: Who is this?
Mark: Mark! I'm in Moldova.
Christina: Okay bye
Click

This is how I imagined the conversation went from what Christina told me. She isn't even sure the conversation took place, but something must have happened for her to retrieve even this much from her sleepy brain.

I'm hoping he calls again or sends an e-mail with a few more details. I was only able to track their flight as far as Frankfurt--I could see the scheduled departure and arrival times from Frankfurt to Chisinau, but that was it.

I'm trusting he's safe and sound.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com