|

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Livin' it up in Champaign, IL

Christina and I arrived safely here at my friend Joy's in Champaign, Illinois. During the last hour of our trip, we witnessed a spectacular lightning show, and half hour after our arrival, the heavens opened up and the rain, wind, lightning and thunder came in force. The power flickered off, came back on, then went out completely. A beautiful Bradford tree in the back yard split open and fell on Joy and David's fence.

Everyone was tired, and it was after 11 pm, so we went to bed--the power came back on an hour later. It was an exciting beginning to our weekend.

Yesterday we spent shopping at the local mall and at the pool. My dad called my cell phone and has convinced me I should return home through Iowa, so we stopped at the AAA office to pick up a map. Since I drove the same route a couple of weeks ago after Cornerstone, I think I can make it home that way. We'll see!

Bobbie and her daughter arrived around 8:30 last night to complete our little mother-daughter reunion group. The three old roommates spent some time catching up and reminiscing till about 11:30.

This is a wonderful, hospitable household. Joy's mother-in-law and sister-in-law have rooms in the basement, and their two little beautiful girls are smart as whips and so pretty, too. Three cats and two teacup poodles complete the family. Well--I take that back--there are a myriad of birds and squirrels in the back yard that enjoy the feeders and fantastic gardens. They are, however, a bit confused by the downed tree--David has been working the past two days on getting someone out here to remove it.

Today I think we're going back to the pool--not sure what else. I miss my husband, but have checked out his blogs and am glad to know he is surviving somehow without me. I'll be back home tomorrow evening.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com