|

Thursday, July 14, 2005

A morning complaint

Raven and I got up early again, since I'm working today. I love seeing people on my walks, but sometimes it is nice to enjoy the solitude that early morning usually provides.

This morning, however, we were greeted by someone who just happened to come out of their home as Raven crouched to do his business on their yard.

"I don't like that," she said. "I'm sorry," I replied, "I will clean it up."

"I know you will," she said. "I'm working in the yard today."

I had the bag in my hand for clean up before she even saw me, so I don't know if the "I know you will" meant "You better do it" or just an acknowledgement of my consideration of her. When I was finished, there was not a trace that Raven had been there. (Unfortunately, this is not always the case, depending on the softness of.........well, never mind.)

I wished her a good morning--it was only six, but on a hot day, I didn't blame her for wanting to be out gardening. I thought of Joseph and how he was treated by his brothers, and how he repaid them with amazing kindness when they were starving and came to him (although they didn't know it was him) to buy food.

I was rewarded for my "kindness" with a good morning by an interesting walker. This time Raven and I were in the park and we encountered a lady that appeared to be walking away from us--that is, her back was too us. Sometimes I can't judge distance too well (especially before I'm fully awake--but don't worry--I'm a good driver!) so I looked at unmoving landmarks to see what was happening--and sure enough, she was coming towards us--walking BACKWARDS. Raven chose to do his thing again as she passed us, and my good morning was answered with a smile and a good morning reply.

It's hard not to be hurt by people's criticisms, but I know I'll have a better morning if I think of the backwards walking lady than the negative word-lady.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com