|

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Home from Cornerstone

Finally we are back from Cornerstone! Actually, we got back yesterday afternoon about 4:30. We emptied the camper as best as we could, and then Tim took it back to the spot where we park it behind his parents' house. I worked on unloading and straightening up the house before our guests were to arrive. We were so excited to see Dave King of IdeaJoy and his daughter. Dave is the one who taught a blogging seminar two years ago at Cornerstone, and has caused the spawning of many other blogs as a result. We met up with him at Cornerstone again this year--seeing him at different places around the grounds and inviting him to our campsite as well. He and daughter Sarah stopped in Minneapolis last night on their way home to Calgary, Alberta. We enjoyed a lovely evening together of spaghetti, computer talk, conversation about American fireworks (poor Raven was disturbed by the neighborhood noises), and stuff we learned at Cornerstone.

Dave fixed my problem of posting photos from this computer. (I hope I can do it now that he's gone!) We had some pictures of two years ago and those are the ones posted below. Ashley Cleveland was back at Cornerstone this year, but her husband Kenny was doing a benefit show in Rome (he's in the background in the picture). She had to hurry from her solo acoustic set to join Jars of Clay at the main stage. As I neared our campsite after her show, I could hear her and Jars but didn't quite make it to see them. Camping near the main stage had its advantages, except for late at night when the music continued and sleep was often delayed because of musical stuff emanating from the nearby stage.

We had so much fun with my sister and her son Daniel, as well as our friend Dale who accompanied our family on the trip. I'm still in a bit of a fog--didn't get to bed last night till midnight and the night before got very little sleep. I'll try to blog more later--I'm so grateful my new workplace decided to take this day as a holiday--but I'll be back to the salt mines tomorrow. Maybe I'll have time to blog more Thursday.

I'm sure Tim will be posting Cornerstone pictures on his blog. For now, it's good to be home after a terrific week!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com