|

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Nice to be needed

It's always a good feeling to help someone else. Today I was able to help staff members at work to access their e-mail because of changes on the server. (I, however, am still having trouble with my own e-mail.) I was able to babysit for a friend when her husband had a meeting he needed to attend and she was late coming home from work. I was able to help my mother-in-law with a blood sugar reading--assuring her that previous high readings were probably wrong. (Don't worry, she is going to the doctor tomorrow. But at least she'll sleep well tonight.)

I don't like needing other people quite as much as being needed. I wish I could do some things at work that I can't because I need someone else to help me or tell me what to do. I've never liked asking people to help at different events/functions/tasks for church, school or whatever.

Somehow, however, I don't mind needing my husband. Right now he is very stretched at work, so I try not to make too many demands of him. But when I do need him, he is there, and I know he'll still love me even if I'm a needy nag.

My greatest need is for Jesus, and for his love to fill me. That way, I can humbly ask others for help when necessary, and I can be gracious instead of proud or puffed up when I offer my help to someone who needs it.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com