|

Monday, June 12, 2006

I've got a code in ma nozzzzzzz

For about two weeks Tim has complained about having a sore throat. I've tried to encourage him to go to the doctor, but so far he hasn't. It seems to get better, then worse, then better, etc.

He's been careful to try not to give it to me. However, last night, after my sister arrived, we were having dinner with Cheri, nephew Daniel and Tim's cousin Terry. I found myself getting up to blow my nose several times. At night, I went to take some Nyquil-like stuff, only to find myself agitated and unable to fall asleep till after 1 am.

This morning I got up early to walk with Cheri. After our walk I had some of her famous honey/vinegar tea. (1/4 cup hot water, one teaspoon honey, and one tablespoon apple cider vinegar. Not the tastiest, but it seems to work!) I am feeling a little better after two cups and now I'm having some regular Good Earth tea. My attempts to rest have been in vain--either the phone or the doorbell has been ringing.

Anyway, it was nice to see Cheri and Daniel again. We'll be seeing them in a few weeks at Cornerstone, along with brother Roger and family. Cheri and I agree that we don't always appreciate the noise, dirt and heat that is Cornerstone, but it is fun to get together. This visit was way too short as they arrived at 4:30 last evening and left this morning at 8:30.

Anyway, I'll continue to nurse this cold. One nice thing about unemployment is that I can take the time to rest and baby myself a bit. Hopefully I'll be back on top of the world soon and then I can pound the pavement without wiping my nose every two minutes.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com