|

Monday, June 26, 2006

Wonderful weekend weather

Last evening Tim and I went for a drive in south Minneapolis. We had attended church services at Solomons Porch, and decided afterwards to grab a bite to eat at Applebees. Some dark clouds were rolling in, but we decided to try patio dining.

We weren't disappointed. A few raindrops fell, driving some diners inside and freeing up an umbrella-less table for us. I went back to the car to retrieve my umbrella, but it never really rained more than a few sprinkles. By the time we were finished, blue skies prevailed overhead.

We went for a drive around the lakes. We thought about walking, but lately I've been rather fatigued with exercise--part of a mid-life thing that should be temporary, I think. I'm hoping to have all my energy back by this time next week for Cornerstone!

This morning on my walk I passed by the Victory Memorial monument, as I do a couple of times a week. Last night a car crashed into the monument, after a short chase by police. When Raven and I walked by there were a couple of TV stations present and someone with a badge approached us to tell us it was quite slippery near the monument where the car had crashed (oil residue). I guess an adult and child were pulled from the car and rushed to the hospital. I hope they are both all right. The monument wasn't damaged much, at least as far as I could see (it is marble) but the car was totaled.

There was also a fire in an assisted living center near our home over the weekend. A woman who was on oxygen died in the fire, but the sprinkler system probably saved lives in nearby units--although everything in those units was ruined.

Tragedies can take lives in an instant. As for me, I'm thankful for every breath and the ability to enjoy one more beautiful summer day in Minnesota.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com