|

Monday, June 19, 2006

Family gathering

I look forward to these events. I plan them myself, at birthdays or other special events. But lately, it seems we just haven't been getting together as often.

But last night we gathered as a family--at Tim's brother's house to wish six-year-old Cody a happy birthday. Everyone was there--which hasn't happened in a long time. It's getting harder with the kids getting bigger. My 16-year-old nephew is driving, Luke doesn't live at home anymore, Christina is always doing something with her boyfriend, and if the weather's nice, Mark is at the frisbee golf course (but he always makes it for these parties). Last night we all gathered, and celebrated Father's Day to boot.

It had been so long since we got together that I brought my sister-in-law Kari's birthday present (her birthday is April 17). So we did a lot of celebrating.

After the meal, horseshoes was played. My brother-in-law Jeff has a portable sort of horseshoes with metal rings instead of horseshoes and two boards with three circles cut in each. Aunts and nephews, nieces and uncles competed against each other (two to a team). It was fun to watch (I did not partake).

Meanwhile, the grandparents (both sets of Cody's grandparents were there) chatted in the garage about downsizing and winding down. I think, however, that at least one of them has a good horseshoe game left in them. Maybe at the next party we'll encourage them to toss a ring or two.

Heck, I might even try it.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com