|

Saturday, January 19, 2008

How cold is it?

I read the thermometer this morning before venturing out with Raven. Ten below zero. As I put on layer upon layer and buttoned up my long down coat, I looked at Raven. No coat for him, other than his natural one. Yet he seemed eager to go out into the cold.

We just went down to the woods and back--long enough for Raven to do his business and get home. My glasses were fogging up and giving my face that feeling you get when you eat ice cream too fast--brain freeze, I think it's called.

I stood in the doorway and watched Tim sitting at the kitchen table with his laptop. He looked warm and happy, after his coffee and bowl of oatmeal.

He's not working today--outside of his office, that is. He's perfectly happy to be inside and perfectly happy about the subzero weather.

That is, till he checked his email. His CDs he reserved at the library need to be picked up today. Guess he'll have to venture out in the cold after all.

Maybe I can convince him to do a little grocery shopping while he's out and about?

Or maybe I'll have to shrug into that long down coat again...

Till next time,


Suzi

PS Thanks for thoughts and prayers for those involved in the accident this week--and their relatives (see yesterday's blog).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com