|

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Weekend plans

"Got any big plans for the weekend?" the sociocultural studies TA (teaching assistant) asked me.

I had to stop and think. This is sort of like the trick question I often get on Mondays at work, which is "So, how was your weekend? Do anything special?"

"Not really," is usually my response. But that doesn't mean my life is boring.

For example, Friday night is Date Night. Well, I got a call from my daughter who was at her job before I left my job (around 4:30). "Hey mom, do you want to pick up some dinner to bring to me to work?" I gave my standard answer, "Why don't you call your dad?" This really made more sense, because Tim was working closer to her end of town anyway.

I guess she and Tim tried calling me a bit later, but I didn't hear my phone for some reason. Anyway, Tim stopped by her work, and ended up ordering some take out at a restaurant a few doors down from the tanning shop where she works.

That's when they tried to call, but I didn't answer.

So, they ordered for me anyway.

So much for date night.

It didn't turn out so badly, however. They got me a BLT & turkey club with those funky colored chips. Yum yum.

However, our date night at home did not evolve as well as I had hoped.

Tim didn't want to go out to see the latest Veggie Tales movie "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything," so we resorted to our latest pastime--Scrabulous and Scramble on Facebook. He's been beating me at both these games.

I suppose I should have been happy that I was finally beating him at Scramble (like Boggle). It may have been because his battery was low on his laptop and so his mouse was sluggish. I was pretty happy, too, because I had come from behind on the two Scrabulous games we were playing, hitting triple word scores with high scoring letters like "z" and "y."

Just as I was getting confident and even cocky, he snuck up on me. And played his last tile. And beat me by less than ten points in each game.

Enough of this, I thought. I went to bed to watch a Tivoed episode of "Corner Gas."

Then, this morning, I noticed he had started a new Scrabulous game. I was planning to swear off Scrabulous, at least with him as a contender. But I bit. My score wasn't as high as his, so I started another game of Scrabulous. Still not beating him. Now I've started a game of Scramble, and did fairly decent in the first round.

Tim also added a new application to his Facebook, and I joined at his invitation. It is the Traveler IQ Challenge. I had fun clicking on cities on a map of the US. It's a little tough to get really close on a small online map, though, especially when you're trying to click on Boston and can't see if you've got Massachusetts or Connecticut. I supposed enlarging the screen to full size would help.

I did have some productive non-computer time today. Raven and I walked in the fresh fallen (only about 1/2 inch) snow, and I finished shoveling the driveway. I'm hoping to make a dent in my mystery book for book club, and Tim has asked me to send out his tax booklets today too.

Wow, when Monday comes, I'll have a whole host of things to tell my eager co-workers. Or, I could just direct them to this blog.

Which, by the way, I have a link to from Facebook.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com