|

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Another Five-Oh

Perhaps I wanted my birthday post to be up for awhile. Maybe I've been really, really busy. It might be that I've been playing too much Scrabulous on Facebook.

But I do want to with my in-laws a happy 50th anniversary since we've now had their big party. It was very fun and nice to see lots of old friends. Many have already had their 50th birthdays--and even 50th anniversaries. Some have lost spouses and had no opportunity to celebrate 50 years together. Although one widow there had celebrated 60 years plus of marriage to her dear husband, who passed away a few years ago.

Even though it snowed quite a bit the day before the event, lots of people turned out. There were at least 20 people there who never RSVPed, but somehow there was plenty of food. I think my mother-in-law counted 111 people who had come.

I've often teased my in-laws about their marriage so close to my 50th birthday. Here's what I tell them (and I announced at my own birthday party): When I was born, God knew that little girl would need someone special. So, on the day of my birth, my husband Tim was conceived.

They were married on Nov. 24. My birthday is Nov. 27. Tim was born 9 months later on Aug. 26.

***********************************************************************************

More snow arrived on Tuesday, making the evening commute a mess. It's said that this is the Winter Without a Bridge. I have noticed that evening traffic seems worse since the Mississippi River bridge collapse. I took back roads home Tuesday and didn't have much trouble at all. Nice to know those scooter routes!

This morning we woke up to more whining on the radio about traffic snarls and snow earlier than they had predicted. I took the freeway and had no trouble getting to work. The predicted 1-3 inches was probably closer to one or less.


Well, we've complained for many years that December was too green (no snow). Now we should have plenty for Christmas.

If ya need a white Christmas, come on up!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com