|

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's Day

Well, since Tim got me a dozen roses and a big balloon last year on Valentine's Day (and hand delivered it to my office desk before I got to the office), this year I decided we'd have a special dinner at home.

I invited our two boys who are currently "in between" girlfriends. Luke ate a little something before he went to work delivering pizzas--where, by the way, he was surprisingly busy. I guess a lot of people ordered a special valentine's pizza from Papa John's. Luke said the "special pizza" was just a regular pizza with the crusts cut off to shape a heart. Anyway, it got him some good tips.

Christina went out with a "special" friend to Olive Garden. Mark joined us for roast beef (crock pot style), homemade (breadmaker) French bread, and some yummy frozen veggies. An easy, but pretty good (if I do say so myself) meal for this working gal. We topped it off with cherry pie, which I did make myself--Thursdays are my short day at work so I had some time to make the crusts and pour canned Wilderness Cherries into the pie plate.

Today we completed our Valentine's celebration with a trip to one of our favorite places--the Chanhassen Dinner Theater. We saw Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat--one of our favorite productions. Filling in for the regular Joseph was our friend and music director from Solomon's Porch (where we've been going to church lately), Ben Johnson. We've seen this production several times--a couple times at the local high school (I love high school musicals) and once downtown Minneapolis with Donny Osmond playing Joseph. We weren't disappointed--and to top things off, we got lunch which for me was Chanhassen chicken (breast stuffed with wild rice) and a bean medley (green, yellow and waxed). We even made room at intermission for a hot fudge sundae (which we split).

Our friend Beckie has been helping us with some house cleaning this weekend. While we were at the theater she polished our hutch (made of oak by Tim's great grandpa), six-panel fir doors and our dining room Ethan Allen (passed down from my folks) chairs. The house smelled like Murphy's oil soap when we got home. Very nice.

Tim and I are ending the day with our respective computers, and we're wearing our matching Bethel University sweatshirts and blue jeans. What a pair.

I'm thankful for such a wonderful valentine and good times to share--whether at the keyboard (typing) or at a fancy dinner theater.

May the love of this week come to you and fill your week, month and year!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com