|

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Whoa, summer's almost half over!

Wow, the summer is really flying by! This is Whiz Bang weekend in Robbinsdale, our fair town. Last night Luke's band played a few numbers at the local stage, under the town water tower, just about an hour or so before the Minnesota skies unleashed a strong storm. By that time I was safe in my friend Kimberly's basement, watching a movie with our bookclub (Memory Keeper's Daughter--a book we read several months ago).

Today I'm enjoying my first really "do nothing" day. Which means I should be doing a lot. We're having a little gather to celebrate Luke's birthday tomorrow (his birthday was July 7). I need to get cracking cleaning and pick up a few things.

I think I blogged about Tim buying a house in north Minneapolis for a really good price. He's very excited and is fixing it up for our son Mark. It's in a pretty good neighborhood--had some of the copper taken from it, but will be a nice place for Mark. It is solid with hardwood floors, so Tim's ripping up all the carpet.

Tim's aunt passed away this week after a long battle with cancer. Tim's mom is from a family of 17 or so children (two moms), so a couple of Tim's uncles are close to Tim's age. This aunt was only 51 years old. The service was beautiful and we enjoyed a nice catered lunch in the downstairs of the funeral home--a lovely and spacious location. It was a very special tribute to her life. She (Char) was at Christina's open house just a few weeks ago, and even made it to a family 4th of July celebration (we were at Cornerstone). She died on July 6.

Well, I better try to get something done around here. All week I've been working and then running around in the evenings and collapsing into bed around 10 or 10:30. I don't even really remember what I've done at night--running errands with Tim mostly and looking at the "new" house I guess.

Hope you're staying cool this summer--we finally got our AC fixed--there was a leak near the condenser. So it was nice and cool here for our hot humid day yesterday. Hurray! This is a wonderful thing since we've been unable to pinpoint our AC problem till now. Now Tim can be comfortable.

Till next time,

Suzi

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If your summer's almost half over, my winter is more than half way through. It won't be long before our weather gets warmer and the world will look a whole lot brighter ... at least for us down under. :)

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com