|

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Life in Tennessee

Well, my dad had a colonoscopy last week and a large polyp was discovered. Turns out it was benign, but they wanted to remove it. Tim and I drove down to my folks here in Tennessee this past weekend. Dad had surgery on Monday but is still in the hospital, though he is doing well. When he eats more solid food he should be able to come home.

Tim left yesterday to drive to Cornerstone. He is going solo this year (and will have a blast). I'm flying home from Knoxville on Saturday. Tim will probably be back on Sunday. The kids are watching the house and dog.

This week is beautiful in Tennessee--highs in the 80s only and humidity not too bad. The Smoky Mountains are gorgeous and almost always in view. My sister lives down the block from my folks, so we've been driving to the hospital every day (about 45 minutes one way) with Mom, visiting with Dad, taking walks, doing some yard work, and surfing the net. My sister and I fight over Dad's laptop at the hospital (which has wi-fi: my folks and my sister have only dial-up).

It's nice to get away from work (though I love my job) and relax. I've also been doing a lot of reading, and Mom and I watch the news and Wheel of Fortune. We also putz in the kitchen and play with the dog.

We hope that Dad will come home tomorrow. I'll keep y'all posted!

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com