|

Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Sick teenagers

I have been pretty fortunate through my kids' lives that they haven't been very sick. Now that they are teenagers, the visits to the doctor are very infrequent. So, this morning, on my walk with Raven, I was surprised to get a call on my cell phone from my 15-year-old saying he thought he had strep throat. Well, I've called the doctor enough (I myself am diabetic), so I had the number memorized and made an appointment. I don't know how I got along without my cell phone a few years back!

Hopefully, he'll get some medication and get better soon--he's leaving for a national youth convention next week through our denomination (CHIC--Covenant High Conference--through the Evangelical Covenant Church). I suppose if he needs meds he'll be taking them along with him for the last couple of days.

Even though I hate to see my kids uncomfortable or hurting, it's nice to know they still need mom once in awhile. Especially when they are out many nights with friends and I'm not sure who's bringing them home or exactly what time (this was the case with our sick boy last night!) Well, I'm sure he'll be close to home today, so I can give him some tender mother care. Tomorrow he'll be off with friends again, without a thought to a mother's healing, tender touch (sigh).


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com