|

Friday, August 22, 2003

Morning has broken

This morning my husband got up for the second day in a row at 5 am. (In the summer, it's been closer to 7). Instead of crawling back in bed after dutifully doing the wifely thing (making his lunch, giving him a hug and kiss good-bye), I stayed up after my wifely duties and walked the dog. I was surprised how dark it's become in the morning--at the end of June it is very bright by 6, even by 5 it is light out. But I enjoy watching the sky light up in the morning, wandering through the shadows at the beginning of our walk, and then seeing clearly by the end as the sun starts to peek over the trees.

It was even cool today--I wore a jacket. A nice change from the 90 degree days with high humidity! (But I hear they will be making a reappearance.) We opened the windows for the first time in weeks, it seems. Although it is a bit sad to see summer ending, it will be a nice change of pace. It's weird, because this will be Luke's last year in high school--although he is taking college courses (complements of Minnesota) and they serve for college as well as high school credit.

Yesterday I got out the More Time Moms calendar (Sept 2003 - Dec 2004) to get all the kids stuff on the school calendar. I love the calendar, cause it is nice and big with big squares to write in, as well as fun stickers. So much is going on this year already, so it was good to feel a bit organized, anyway. Now I just have to remember to check the calendar!

So, it's fun to greet the summer days early while I can. (Although I may sleep in tomorrow!) The fall and winter will be here soon enough!

Till next time,
Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com