|

Friday, January 16, 2004

Catching the bus

Fridays are always the day when Mark and Inga have to get up early to catch the bus, because Luke has jazz band at 6:30 am and won't be driving them to school at 7 am as he does M-Th. So, I get up early to get Luke up and going. Tim wants to start work early, so I work on getting him going as well. I fix Tim's lunch as I intermittenly (sp?) check on the kids. Last night, Christina had asked me if I could drive her to school, so I get dressed and get ready to walk Raven before I need to leave with her at 7:30.

Luke leaves at 6:15, Mark and Inga look like they're finally ready to go, and Christina is almost ready when I leave with Raven. (I don't worry too much about Tim--his lunch is packed and he's seated eating his oatmeal and drinking his morning coffee.) As I head out in the dark ahead of Mark and Inga, I see the school bus approaching. They're going to miss it, I think. Just then, they appear at the door, and I yell to the kids getting on the bus, "Hold the bus!" and to Mark and Inga, "RUN!" Fortunately, the bus waits because I don't know if Inga would have made it in the heels she chose to wear today, and Mark would probably just as soon stay home.

I get home, Christina feeds Raven while I warm up the van. Tim is on the road, and so are we.

Well, now we have a long weekend to look forward to--then this will all begin again on Tuesday.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com