|

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Smells of summer

Today we will have one day of summer before tomorrow's return to a cool spring. As Raven and I enjoyed the sights and sounds of the day--the greening of the grass and trees, the singing of the spring time birds--I noticed something else--a familiar smell. It reminded me of summer, too--although in a different kind of way.

Then I heard and saw it--a truck rumbling past the port-a-potty it had just cleaned. The familiar smell was the cleaning agent used to spiff up the biffy. This is the most welcome smell at the summer Christian festival we attend each year with 30,000 other campers/rock n rollers--Cornerstone Music Festival.

While I welcome the sound of freshness, I know Tim and the kids are looking forward to the sounds of guitars and drums and vocalists blaring across the acres. I guess I look forward to that too.

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com