|

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Back from the Big Lake

Christina and I arrived safely back home this evening, about 7:30 pm. We had a wonderful time in Duluth with my parents, my sister Cheri, and our dogs Raven and Kimberly (my parents brand new Sheltie/border collie/spitz mix puppy.

We had fun watching the dogs interact. After Raven got used to Kimberly, he tolerated her jumping on him, nipping at him and bouncing around him for the most part. When he had enough, he would give a loud "woof" and then Kimmy would go dancing away.

But more than that, it was good to spend time with family (although I missed my husband and two boys). Cheri drove around town, and I attempted to navigate, since I was the only one (besides Christina) who had been in town before. We had a few missed turns, but we hit some fun spots--the waterfront downtown (dinner at Grandma's Saloon and Grill), a visit to the marine museum, watching the aerial bridge go up and down, driving along the lake shore of Lake Superior, visiting Glensheen Mansion, and heading up Skyline Parkway for a spectacular view of the Great Lake.

More about our visit tomorrow. It was very hot the first day, but today was much better--as the temperature dropped almost 30 degrees. For now, I'm very glad to be home, but happy for good memories and fun times away.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com