|

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Mark and the Bible

I'm currently doing a study on Mark in the New Testament, and writing my reflections on my other blog. But yesterday, I watched as my son Mark had his Bible open in his bedroom, where friends from public school looked on, waiting for him to finish his religion homework before playing a round of frisbee golf.

"What are you studying in religion?" one of the boys asked. (I don't know about his church/faith background.) "Oh, stuff in the Old Testament," Mark answered as he went on with his studies.

Almost every day after school, he's been coming home and doing his homework, including Bible study. The Old Testament study has been on the kings and prophets, and he seems to be working very diligently. I'm so excited to see Mark enjoy learning again--for the past several years he hated public school but was reluctant to change because he didn't want to leave his friends. He usually put off doing homework and his grades had been steadily dipping. It seemed a common plight at his school--and he would sometimes say, "But everyone in that class is getting a 'D'." Sigh.

But now his friends are watching him study the Bible. Instead of being a follower as he was in the past, maybe Mark will lead by example. This is my prayer.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com