|

Friday, July 15, 2005

Adjustments

I don't know why little adjustments can get me so down. My parents are coming to visit, but I was planning to be gone at that time. I was to meet with someone who is training me to do an important part of my job today, but he had to call to postpone our meeting--for very good reasons. These things, however, can be fairly easily resolved.

I've been blogging about Joseph (in Genesis in the Bible) and all the trials he went through. I'm now at the end of the story, where he reveals himself to the brothers who sold him into slavery and are now coming to him as the leader of Egypt who can give them food during a famine. Instead of throwing them all in prison or having them beaten or killed, Joseph prepares a banquet for them, returns their money with their food, asks them to bring their families down to Egypt to live, because the famine will continue for five more years (God revealed this to him through Pharaoh's dream). Joseph said that God was the one who brought Joseph to Egypt (even though he endured slavery and imprisonment before being released and becoming a partner to Pharaoh). The brothers shouldn't blame themselves, because God had another plan in mind for Joseph and his family--and Egypt and the surrounding lands that were saved because Joseph made a plan for the famine.

This same God can take my frustrations and turn them into productivity and even joy. I just need to trust him for the best in my life.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com