|

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Who's (what's) in control?

The beauty of having Tivo is that you can easily record favorite TV programs, skip through commercials, and come home late to shows that you can rewind (up to 30 minutes). This way, I am in charge of my TV viewing. That TV doesn't control me, no sir, I choose exactly what I want to view and when I want to view it.

Until the Tivo doesn't work. And the DVD player doesn't work. And the TV doesn't work. And my husband can't fix it. And my husband has his own technology problems to deal with, having a cell phone that won't ring and numbers he can't dial.

So, I call in the reinforcements. "Luke, can you come over?" Count on a 20-year-old son to be able to figure things out. It took him a little while though. But he persevered, got the right wires reconnected, and Tivo and DVD player were back in service.

Now, if I were ever to have a major computer problem, I'd be in deep trouble. But hopefully I could call on Luke again and avoid expensive techie repairs.

This is why we have kids. (Well, maybe only one reason, but it's a really good one!)

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com