|

Monday, January 02, 2006

Slipereeeee

We woke up this morning to rain. Yes, it's January 2, and it's raining.

Raven and I slipped our way around the neighborhood--he saved me from falling more than once as his taut leash helped me stay vertical. (I won't mention the other occasions where his jerky movements could have flattened me.)

Side roads are slick, but I guess the main roads aren't too bad. Parking lots, however, are another thing. This isn't supposed to be happening in January--it's more of a late winter thing, when the promise of spring isn't far so we can tolerate patches of ice here and there.

This winter has already been different from past years--we've had mild Decembers with little snow for quite a while. This year we've had more snow already than most recent winters. December started out cold, but ended up with an early winter thaw.

Well, as I've said before, I enjoy variety. We just need to be cautious, and enjoy the warmer temps. After all, this beats a blizzard and sub-zero temps.

It will be interesting to watch the January weather patterns. At least we don't have to worry about hurricanes.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com