|

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Pick up the Pace

Today I've decided I need to pick up the pace (no, not the salsa). Raven and I were being followed for about two blocks by a young lady and her two dogs, and I thought if I just walked a bit faster it would distract him and he'd settle down. But he kept twisting and jumping and barking, as if to say "hey there's two ferocious animals back there waiting to devour you and I'm not gonna let that happen. Let me at 'em."

Finally he settled down, and I thought it was due to my great control and handling methods (yeah, right). But actually it was because they had turned a corner and were now out of sight. I realized that I was out of breath and frankly, pooped.

So, it being a new year and all, I've decided it would be a good thing to pick up the pace around here. I should walk more briskly, exercise on my walker-thingy at night, sort the mail when it comes, filing it, tossing it, and acting on it right away, I should empty the dishwasher immediately, sort clothes, wash and dry them, taking clothes out of the dryer as soon as the buzzer buzzes, etc. etc. Then I'd have time to start writing that great American novel I've dreamed of writing since I was a kid...

Whew! I'm tired just blogging about this! Maybe the first thing on the agenda should be a nap. Then I can be rested up for all these tasks I'm going to perform.

On the other hand, there's always tomorrow. I just watched "Annie" this weekend on TV. I love that song, "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow, you're always a day away....the sun will come out, tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow....." etc--always knowing that if today isn't going well, after all, tomorrow is another day.....

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com