|

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Winter is back

Last night on my way to BSF it started to snow. I wasn't too worried, because I was driving my trusty Highlander. I made it to and from without any problem, and even used the ECT feature. By the way, does anyone know what ECT is? Tim says it must stand for Extra Control Traction but I'm just not sure. Maybe I should Google it.

Ha. The beauty of the internet. I just answered my own question. Here's what I found at this site:

Toyota Highlander
Power Train/Chassis:
• 3.0-liter double overhead cam (DOHC) 24-valve VVT-i V6
• 4-speed electronically controlled automatic (ECT) with Snow Mode
• Front engine front-wheel drive (2WD) or full-time 4-wheel drive (4WD)
• Rack-and-pinion steering with power-assist

So, ECT stands for Electronically ConTrolled AuTomaTic. I guess you can choose which T you want to use. It seems to me it should be ECA, but what do I know. It's probably named by Japanese manufacturers, and they are pretty smart dudes, so I will not question their abbreviations.

Anyway, today it was quite a bit cooler, and there was a fresh blanket of snow to walk through. It's always fun to see the tracks of those who've gone before us, and I'm always thankful that the doggie prints are not too fresh or I'd be straining at the leash while Raven "protects" me from a neighboring dog out for the same morning stroll.

It's nice to have a bit of a change in weather--I heard one meteorologist complain that the forecast was beginning to seem like the Bill Murray movie "Groundhog's Day"--you know, where he wakes up every morning and it's the same day it was yesterday--February 2. I can't remember now how he ever got out of the cycle. (Okay, I guess it was when he gave up his cynicism and became a nice person that he finally landed on Feb. 3.)

So, I guess for Minnesotans, monotony is not acceptable, even in January. Bring on the snow, cold and we'll just bundle up. Twenty-one straight days of 32 degree highs will not cut it. We need to enjoy our ice fishing, our snow mobiling, our cross country skiing.

As for me, I just love pushing that ECT button. Whatever that means.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com