|

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

More new stuff

Ana's back at her post at work, and I'm very glad to hand her back the reins (her telephone) and assume other duties. Actually, today I was at my new office (where I'll be doing some new work and some old), learning new things for my 5-hour-a-week position with CAPS/GS. I got my computer set up, my new phone set up, and keys to my new office. I have now made several new piles, but I have shelves on which to store them so it doesn't look too bad. I'm set up to print at a printer in my office--what more could a worker want?

Emi seems to be adjusting to life with the Nelsons as well. We are settling into a little routine--I take her to Bethel, walk her to her classroom, and she waits for me at a little circle area where I pick her up at the end of the day. Today she went to the Walker Art Institute and learned about gender issues in America. Tonight another host family called to see if she could go with their Japanese student and another Japanese friend to the Mall of America on Sunday. This should be lots of fun for her, and help her have something to look forward to this weekend.

I'm looking forward to a work picnic on Friday afternoon. My friend and co-worker Katrina will be there with her family, including her brand new baby Aiden. There should be lots of food and fun. After that, Tim and I will go to another picnic/skit night with the Japanese students and their host families. I may sleep all day on Saturday.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com