|

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Hot enough to slice

It's so hot and humid, it feels like you can cut the air with a knife. Fortunately, about 3 am this morning, we had a good storm and got an inch of rain! I think it will storm again today or tonight.

I just read my nephew's blog, and he says it feels like 130 degrees working on the roof on houses in New Orleans. Yikes! Maybe I shouldn't complain so much. I think a trip to New Orleans in January would be more up my alley.

Our Japanese student Emi is spending a couple nights at her best friend's host family's house. I think they have shopping and movie-going on the agenda. Today has been an indoor day for me--just kicking back and relaxing at home. Tim and I watched Bruce Almighty today. It was weird--Tivo had it billed as Evan Almighty, but I think that may still be in theaters--or at least I know it hasn't hit the video scene, much less the TV screen. Bruce Almighty was a good movie with a good message. I guess I had assumed it would have been in poorer taste, knowing Jim Carey's humor in some instances. There were a couple things that could have been left out, but overall Tim and I enjoyed it. I thought it would be good to see it before Evan Almighty.

I suppose I should get off the computer in case it storms again. Tim got up at 3 last night to unplug everything just in case of a power surge (of course we have power strips, but you never know....)

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com