|

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Saturday snafus

Well, it should be a rather leisurely day, but soon after we woke up Christina came into our room exclaiming that she was late for work and she had a flat tire. So, Tim said, "Well, take the Highlander then." A minute later, she's back in the bedroom. "Does that little orange light by the big E mean anything?" Whoops, I forgot that I was running on fumes on the way home last night. So, I said, "Let me get dressed, get the dog, and I'll take Raven with you up to gas station, fill up, then I'll walk home with Raven and you can go on to work from there."

Little did we know that Tim had carefully placed his cell phone on top of the Highlander last evening, when I had asked him to help me bring some things in from our picnic last night. (We had a work picnic in the afternoon and the Japanese exchange students had a picnic/skit night last night. Both were very fun.)

Of course, Tim had planned to immediately retrieve the cell phone, but he forgot. In fact, he didn't remember he had put it up there until after Christina left for work.

It was raining this morning. Storms were forecast. Christina was in a hurry to get to work. Could any of this spell Safe Cell Phone?

I ran downstairs, woke poor Emi up, told her we'd be off looking for Tim's lost cell phone, and then dashed out the door.

We ran up to the gas station to see if it might have fallen and then been recovered there. No luck. We drove down the highways Christina would take to work (about 10 miles away), scanning the sides of the road. No luck.

Finally we got to Christina's work. We approached the Highlander. Would we find it? Did Tim really put it inside the car, not on top as he remembered?

And there it was, carefully lodged at the spoiler (is that what those things are called?) at the back of the top of the car. It has luggage racks, too, so we thought those may have saved it from going off when Christina was driving on two wheels (just kidding--she is a pretty safe driver...). Tim keeps his phone in a leather zipper case--if it were on its own, it would have gone sailing off much earlier (of course, then we might have found it in our driveway or yard....)

So, a happy ending for the phone. The not-so-happy ending is that Tim retrieved several phone calls and is now back at work when he had planned to spend the day at home--he is always on call as long as he answers or retrieves messages from his phone.

All of this pales in comparison to a collapsed bridge, I know. I think we need to take a deep breath, slow down, and move to Northeastern Wisconsin where the pace of life is a bit slower. Or maybe to some remote village in Alaska.

Ah, the grass is always greener on the other side of the snow bank. (We're thinking snow after all these hot days. Today is a lot cooler and nicer, however....)

Enough rambling,

Till next time,


Suzi

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom!!!!!! its almost impossible to see you online, I am sure you are very busy, I was very worried about you guys but now I know everything is fine i found your adress on google :) cause my hardware collapsed and i lost all my documents including adresses, oh well, now I am back with the computer I have so many things to tell you...!!!love you tons!!!!Carla

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com