|

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Two deer

The other day when Raven and I were walking I saw two deer--it looked like a doe and its fawn. Raven and I were in the woods by our house, and for some reason, Raven didn't seem to notice them, so he didn't bark. I stood still watching them as they leaped along the side of the road, then froze when they saw me. I was hoping Raven wouldn't bark so they wouldn't be scared and run off towards the busy street.

We headed on our way, and they headed on theirs. I don't know where they ended up, but it was fun to see them.

I saw three deer a couple weeks ago in the morning when I was arriving at Bethel. One of the young men I work with in the registrar's office lives on campus, as he is also a seminary student. He's seen deer in the early morning, too. His response to them is much different from mine.

"It makes me wish I had my gun," says this young deer hunter.

He's going back home to North Dakota for the weekend. I think bow and arrow season is open now. If he brings back some venison to the office, I'm not quite sure what I'll do....

Till next time,


Suzi

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave King said...

One of my joys is seeing deer in Fish Creek Park on my bike commute.

- Peace

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com