|

Monday, August 13, 2007

Gearing up

Yesterday and this morning were gorgeous, glorious days. Today, the temperature is creeping back up again, along with the dew point.

But fall is coming. I'm working five hour days till Thursday, when I'm back in the saddle at my Anthropology/Sociology job at Bethel. Today, I dropped off Emi in the morning, and walked her over to where she can meet me at the seminary tonight while I'm working.

Then I stopped in at Anthro/Soc to see if my professor pals were in.

They were! (Three of them, anyway.)

It was good to catch up and plan for this coming year. Students will be arriving on campus in a couple of weeks. It will be mayhem (it always is, to some extent), but more so this year because of the construction of a brand new wing to the college. Many parking spaces have been eliminated and it will be tough finding a spot. I'll have to ride my scooter in whenever possible to I'll have a place to park!

I know Tim always looks forward to fall after enduring work in hot buildings in the summer. May is my favorite month, but September and October are close seconds and thirds. I love the cooler temperatures and the beautiful foliage.

Raven's late summer itching has come on now--perhaps a bit later than last year--maybe due to the heat and drier conditions this year. He loves winter--rolling around, pushing his nose through, and eating snow.

Well, one season at a time. We'll enjoy late summer, fall, and then talk about winter's "pleasures."

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com