|

Friday, August 31, 2007

Busy week, but it's Friday!

Wow, this has been a busy week.

I had a 670-piece mailing to get out, and with the help of some volunteers (including Tim, my friend Beckie, and Christina), it got done! Thank you all!

I rode my scooter to work today and yesterday. Yesterday I decided to park on a cement area behind some buildings--a location security had recommended to me when I first asked them about parking. Well, I thought it would be a great thing, riding my bike & parking there, because it was the first day of welcome week--and campus was filled with new students and their parents. So I parked my scooter behind another motorcycle and left.

At the end of the day, I came out to look for my bike. Instead of finding it, I found dozens and dozens of people in line for a barbecue at the exact place where my bike had been. That's right, I said BEEN. I thought, oh, no, I'm in trouble now.

But after hunting around a bit, I found it parked behind a gated area nearby. The event's caterers had probably moved it out of the way. Ay caramba! Then I had to carefully wheel my way through the throngs of people, in my leather jacket and helmet and all. What a sight! An almost 50-year-old lady clad in motorcycle gear, picking her way carefully among the similarly aged couples and their teen-age children.

Today's parking went much better. Even though I parked in the same spot, my bike was exactly where I left it and I had no trouble getting through.

Just wish the new construction on campus allowed me to park near the buildings where I work, but alas, my access is cut off by gates, fences, and big trucks carving out an enormous hole for our new University Commons.

Happy Labor Day weekend, everyone!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com