|

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Happy Birthday Cheri!

Today is my big sis's birthday--happy birthday Cheri! We went out to dinner with her whole family Friday night--and her generous husband, Pat, treated us all. Luke had to work, but Mark and Christina were able to make it. It was fun connecting with everyone.

I guess I shouldn't say her whole family--her two daughters-in-law were unable to make it. I will see Jon's wife, Kristi, in a few weeks, as she is bringing some girls from their youth group to the Twin Cities for a conference.

It was the first time I've seen Nathan, the first Wells grandchild, since Jon's wedding four years ago! It was really nice to see all three nephews. We took a picture of them with Mark and Christina in a red phone booth in front of the restaurant. As soon as I can coax Tim to load photos, I'll post them here.

Last evening was not quite as fun as Friday. I decided to try to walk Raven a little earlier in the evening than usual, since he's been a bit skittish in the dark evening hours. Well, it was already dark when we ventured out, but I managed to coax him past the front yard. We saw some people with dogs and he started barking, so I ran across the street with him. He kept up his rant, and started up the sidewalk, where I lost my balance. Fortunately, I landed mostly on a grassy incline, but I scraped up one arm pretty well and have a really sore left elbow region (the other arm) today. I think I may have bruised the bone. I iced it pretty well last night, so it hasn't swelled up to much and isn't discolored at all. I can move the arm fine, it just hurts when I try to do things like get dressed or use that arm to try to dry or fix my hair. (Vanity, vanity!)

But I didn't injure my legs or ankles at all, so I'm grateful for that. Should heal up fairly soon, although I realize I'm not a teenager any more. Maybe I'll stick to morning walks and work out on my glider instead in the evening.

I could try to reduce my caloric intake, but that's an option I don't want at this point. Although it's probably a safer one!

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com