|

Sunday, February 24, 2008

At last...

I thought I may have lost my blog forever, but Tim has helped me fix it. An old email address is going away so Tim logged me into a new one, but it wasn't the one I thought it was. After some trial and error, we figured it out. I wanted to use my gmail address, but for some reason could not. So now I'm using my hotmail address.

Anyway, I had a fun weekend with my sister--although an abbreviated one. She came on Thursday afternoon with her friend Mary. (Thanks for the honey, Mary--delicious! Or should I say "bee-licious!) Our friend Beckie had been here most of the week cleaning--she even polished (not just dusted) the furniture until it shone. My house hasn't been this clean in a long time.

Thursday night we had a crock-pot roast at home, then drove out to Northwestern Bookstore, where I dropped Cheri and Mary off and picked up Christina about a mile away at her work. We came home and crashed shortly thereafter.

We were all up relatively early and Cheri and Mary headed out to Crown College where Mary's daughter is thinking of attending next year and Cheri's son Daniel is a sophomore. They also visited a quilt store as Cheri is working on a quilt for her soon-to-be first grandchild.

Friday evening we went to our favorite restaurant in town, El Toro. They have good Mexican food with fast service and a nice atmosphere.

Cheri and Mary left on Saturday morning, so our visit was short and sweet. It may be one of her last for a while, as Cheri & Pat just sold their house and will be moving to Tennessee to be closer to our folks.

Well, the snow is melting a bit as the temperatures may get above freezing today. Woo hoo! Maybe spring will get here after all. Although, March has had a reputation for being the snowiest month of the year. We'll see how that plays out this year. Last year Bethel cancelled classes and closed the campus early in March (the 1st?) because of the snow.

This blog post has been interrupted several times, but I wanted to post because it's been awhile and I want to make sure everything works with the new posting email.

Have a good week!

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com