|

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Summer's flight

Well, July is now closing down, and my sister informed me I need to blog again. So here goes.

I'm still waiting for my husband to email me pictures of Zeus. They're on his laptop, and I can't figure out how to access them so I can show the new dog to the world. Have patience, I hope to soon.

Lately Tim and I have been coming home from work, having dinner, and crashing soon after. He's been working long days and work has been busy for me too. I suppose it's nothing compared to what it will be once I start teaching my freshman class in the fall, but still I'm not bored.

Speaking of which, my class section is now full--fifteen students. Ten young women and five young men, from all across the US with varying declared majors--education, nursing, biblical studies, physics, etc. It should be fun.

This week at work we enjoyed watching a friendly game of kickball. Nathan from our office was our star player, and when he called me from his cell phone to complain that the whole business office was coming to watch the game, and was there NO ONE from our office who would cheer him on?--well, I had to rally the troops and head over to the field, with the promise of refreshments waiting for us. Concessions included popsicles, lemonade (water of course), popcorn and ice cream sandwiches. Of course we worked the sugar and calories off walking back and forth from the office. It was a beautiful day and I got a bit of sun to show for it, sitting in the bleachers. Toward the end of the game, one of the organizers yelled: under 55! and a guy from my 1980 Bethel graduating class who is now a co-worker ran out on the field and showed he still had it. I said, "not bad for a 50-year-old" and someone said, really he's 50? and I said, well he's my age. Then silence. I guess they thought he was a lot younger than me.

Anyway, it's nice to get some breaks from the computer screen (at work, I love it at home--Facebook, blogging, checking email). August 7 is staff appreciation day, and we're going to take the day to ride the Minnesota Zephyr. We get to ride the rails in historic Stillwater, MN, complete with a grand meal and entertainment. Everyone is very excited.

Hopefully Tim will get the pictures of our new dog soon. I'll have to post pictures of Raven, too, so he doesn't get jealous!

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com